Sunday, January 30, 2011

If Thou Endure it Well

I was watching the well-known church movie Legacy today. Our pioneer ancestors are such a great example of faith and trust in the Savior.
In the movie this scripture was quoted and, although I know it well, this time it really stood out to me:

"My [daughter] peace be unto thy soul; thine adversity and thine afflictions shall be but a small moment; And then, if thou endure it well, God shall exalt thee on high"


Endure it well.

Well

Now that's the hard part. It's one thing to endure a trial, its another to do it well.


But then I was reminded that I don't have to do it alone. There is someone that does know exactly what I'm going through and will ease my burden so that I can endure it well!


Christ said:
"I am with thee, even unto the end of thy days"


That's what makes the Gospel of Jesus Christ so wonderful. That is what helps me endure well.

No comments:

Post a Comment