Sunday, November 28, 2010

It Really Is a Wonderful Life

I was recently reading through some old blog posts of some amazing women and came across this one.
It was a great reminder to me that life really is wonderful!
...Even when things aren't going how we planned.

Years ago a friend of mine posted these words on her blog:

This year, September 1, marks 3 years of infertility for Ryan and me. However, instead of being sad and full of self-pity I have instead decided to focus on blessings. I have a dear niece who is turning 8 this year. I was told recently that during one family prayer she said something to the effect of: "Please bless Uncle Ryan and Aunt Amy that they can have a baby. But if they can't, please help them know that they still have us."

During this month of thanks I have been pondering about the great support of our family and friends. I have a hard time talking about our struggles openly, and usually don't, but I know many of them are aware of our situation and pray for us. I have been so touched as I've thought about the kind and selfless hearts of our family and friends. This is one of the Lord's tender mercies that has brought me comfort and peace.

And that knowledge makes this life a wonderful one!

2 comments:

  1. That is such a sweet prayer!! "Please help them know that they still have us." :)

    I have a post brewing in my mind...will get to it soon...it's been an enlightening day! Sorry I don't post more often. Life is so busy!

    Thanks for the blog!!

    ReplyDelete